Terms of Business
1. When we provide an estimate it is based on a non-intrusive survey of the property and the area where work will be carried out. It is assumed that any existing systems already in place are in a good working condition. During the course of the works we may come across faults with existing systems, which we reserve the right to make a charge for to correct. If you, the client fail to mention any relevant information about the existing installation we reserve to make a charge to put any faults right.
2. Whilst we will take all reasonable care during execution of work, we take no responsibility for faults or failures that may occur to any existing pipework, fittings, equipment, etc.
3. During the execution of the proposed works, it may be necessary to isolate various water, gas & electrical services. We will advise you of this before works are carried out and the period of isolation will be as short as possible.
4. No allowance is made in our quotations for casing in or pipework or painting and decorating of new works.
5. It may be necessary during execution of works to create holes in order to gain access to existing services. These will always be made good on completion of works but no allowance is made for re-instatement of decorations. We cannot guarantee to match existing brickwork if the boiler flue terminals need to be removed, but we will always try to find the closest match.
6. If we need to dismantle, clear or reinstate any fitted cupboards, etc. to permit the proposed works, these will be charged as an extra cost unless specified.
7. If during the proposed works we need to gain access under floors below fitted carpets, these will be lifted by us and laid back down on completion. For other floor types such as tiles, vinyl or laminate flooring etc, we make no allowance for reinstating these floors unless specified.
8. It has been assumed that we will have unrestricted access to all relevant areas of the property during the course of the works. If access is restricted at any time without prior notification this may result in an extra charge and/or delay in completion.
9. Unless we specify otherwise we will carry out all works in one continuous visit. Extra visits caused by circumstances out of our control may incur an additional charge and result in a delay in completion.
10. All materials supplied, either fixed or unfixed will remain under our ownership until full payment has been received for said materials. We reserve the right to take whatever legal action necessary to secure payment for the works we carry out and materials we have supplied.
11. All dates and times will be agreed with the customer prior to commencing work. These dates and times will be based on information gained during the survey of the property and current workload. These times may need to be changed due to unforeseen circumstances i.e. emergency call outs, breakdowns or other circumstances outside of our control. We will accept no liability if it is not possible to meet timescales.
12. All work will be carried out during our normal working hours unless specified to suit our own requirements. Any work carried out outside of these hours without prior arrangement may incur an extra charge.
13. It may be necessary that other trades are involved to complete the works. Other trades are not under our control and any delays that may be caused by these trades could incur an extra charge and/or delay to the completion of the works.
14. Any additional works not covered by our initial quotation, which the client requests to be carried out, will be subject to an additional charge. We will always get the clients agreement before proceeding with additional works.
15. The price specified in this estimate/quotation does not include removal of any dangerous waste materials such as asbestos found when carrying out the works. This will be subject to an extra charge.
16. Prior to commencement of work involving gas appliances, the existing gas supply will be subject to a soundness test to check for compliance with Gas Safety Regulations. Any faults found will be advised to the Client and any rectification works required may be subject to additional charges.
17. Should the works include an upgrade to a new pressurised heating system, connected to an existing heating system, the Customer will be made aware that the higher pressures used by this type of system may find weaknesses in the existing system. Any repairs required following weakness in the existing system will incur an extra charge. This will be explained to the Customer and confirmation they are happy with this before proceeding.
18. All works described in the estimate/quotation will be guaranteed for a period of twelve months from the date of completion. Any materials supplied will be subject to the suppliers/manufacturers guarantees. The Client’s Statutory Right is not affected by this guarantee. This Guarantee does not extend to existing equipment, pipework or fittings.
19. Whilst we may refer to items by name or model in our estimates/quotations, we reserve the option to supply and fit goods of a different manufacture, providing they are suitable for the purpose intended.
20. Any items or materials supplied by the Customer or others for Balford Plumbing to install will be unpacked and inspected in the presence of the Customer. Any faults found will be pointed out and it will be the Customers responsibility to obtain replacements. Any delays caused by faulty or damaged items may result in a charge for extra time, us needing to withdraw from site and may affect the completion date of the works.
21. Any items or materials supplied by the Customer will not be covered by Balford Plumbing and Heating’s installation guarantee but will still be covered by any manufacturer guarantee supplied.
22. This estimate/quotation does not include any parking fees from Controlled Parking Zones (CPZ’s). Any such fees incurred will be added to the final invoice.
23. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that all children and pets are kept away from the areas in which we are working.
24. If the proposed works are being carried out in a leasehold property it is the sole responsibility of the Customer to ensure that all necessary permissions have been obtained in writing from the landlords/managing agents. We accept no responsibility for any works carried out without these necessary permissions. We can provide details of the proposed works if so required, which may be subject to an additional charge.
25. This estimate is open for acceptance for a period of 30 days providing the works can be commenced within 90 days both periods from the date of estimate and thereafter may be subject to revision or withdrawal
26.Payments for completed works must be made within 7 days and it is a condition of acceptance that these be adhered to. We reserve the right to charge interest at the rate of 5% above TSB Bank’s current base rate per month on overdue accounts. You may also incur a late payment fee in line with government guidelines.
27. Acceptance of the Estimate confirms acceptance of these conditions.